These Chakra balancing exercises and techniques will help you cleanse and open your chakras, to remove any blockages or imbalances that are keeping your vital energy from flowing freely through your body. These are all Chakra exercises for beginners, which include mantras, postures, movement and other kinds of easy exercises to heal and balance your chakras every day. Test your Chakra System now to find any current imbalances in your body.
Chakra Balancing Exercises for Beginners
1. First Chakra: How to Open the Root Chakra – Muladhara
Food: Proteins, meat, fish, wine and spicy stews.
Effects of a Blocked Root Chakra:
- Feeling of rootlessness.
- Fear to face everyday life.
- Feelings of guilt
- Lack of concentration.
- Cluelessness (being easily distracted).
- Difficulty to say no.
- Excessive attachment to material possessions or property.
Chakra Balancing Exercises to open or unblock the Root Chakra:
- Aerobic exercise (for the respiratory and circulatory systems) and anaerobic (for muscles and bones).
- Walking (preferably barefoot on sand or grass).
- Sitting, bend over to touch your toes.
- Any kind of dancing or dance exercises (alone or accompanied).
- Jumping on the spot, bending the knees when touching the ground.
- Activities that strengthen self-confidence.
- Trust your body and pamper your inner child.
2. Second Chakra: How to Open your Sexual Chakra – Svadhisthana
Effects of a blocked Second Chakra:
- Fear of enjoyment.
- Sexual Aberrations.
- Contempt of sex.
- Repressions of any kind of pleasure.
- Energy blockages that restrict or limit the free expression of our personality.
Chakra Balancing Exercises to open or activate the Second Chakra:
- Any exercises related to movement and rotation of the hips, to contact, and to water.
- Dances and hip exercises such as Salsa, belly dance, hula hoop.
- Swimming, bathing, showering, jacuzzi, saunas.
- Sexual relations.
- Be aware of your emotions without repressing them. This is energy that wants to get out of your body and express itself.
- Discover the repression and blockages that you have learned since childhood, get rid of your inhibitions, free yourself and enjoy.
3. Third Chakra: How to Open your Solar Plexus Chakra – Manipura
Food: Carbohydrates, starches.
Effects of a blocked Third Chakra:
- Illnesses of the digestive system.
- Heartburn and ulcers.
- Overweight, thick belly.
- Chronic fatigue.
- Addiction to stimulants.
- Feelings of inferiority, a sense of insecurity and a lack of confidence.
- Feelings of guilt.
- Dissatisfaction with what you feel, you are or do.
- Addiction to power.
- Shutting yourself to others and displaying a cold, calculating and usually bad mood.
- Despite having material abundance, we feel disconnected and dissatisfied.
- Feelings that something keeps us from being happy and fulfilled.
Chakra Balancing Exercises to activate or unlock the Third Chakra:
- The arch: Lie face down, hold your ankles with your hands and do a few swings.
- Release tensions: With a pillow or other object, even with your own feet or hands, hit the bed in order to release your anger when you feel the need to do so.
- Change any habits that bore you.
- Break the routine and inertia that is blocking you.
4. Fourth Chakra: How to Open your Heart Chakra – Anahata
Color: Pink or green.
Food: Vegetables. Oxygen and prana from the air. Green Tea.
Effects of a blocked or imbalanced Fourth Chakra:
- Cardiac and respiratory diseases.
- Inability to love.
- Isolation, disconnection, and selfishness.
Chakra Balancing Exercises to activate, open or unblock the Heart Chakra:
- Pranayama breathing exercises combined with bandhas (energetic keys) to control your breath.
- Full breathing: Start with a nasal breathing in from the abdomen, chest, and collarbone; then exhale slowly in the same order, expelling all the air.
- Igneous Breathing: Do a series of several abdominal breaths, with your diaphragm expanding and contracting the abdomen.
- Pectoral openings of all kinds: lying back on a pillow or arm of a chair, arch your spine as much as possible, visualize how your heart chakra opens.
- Help someone every day.
- If you hate someone, stop doing it and lovingly show your forgiveness and love.
5. Fifth Chakra: How to Open your Throat Chakra – Vishudha
Color: Light blue and bright turquoise.
Effects of a blocked or imbalanced Fifth Chakra:
- Affections of the throat.
- Voice problems.
- Irritation of the vocal cords.
- Communication problems.
- Being afraid to speak for fear of screwing up.
- Continuous need to talk, babbling.
- Problems with the thyroid gland.
Chakra Balancing Exercises to activate or unblock the Fifth Chakra:
- Repeated and systematic pronunciation of mantras, especially the mantra ‘OM‘.
- With your mouth wide open, stick out your tongue extending every muscle in your face and neck to the maximum, while emitting a loud sound ‘HAM‘ or any other mantra you prefer. Keep this position for at least 30 seconds and repeat 3 times.
- Neck twists and neck movements of every kind.
- Scream or yell loudly in a place where you won’t upset or bother anyone.
- Any kind of singing and vocal exercises.
6. Sixth Chakra: How to Open your Third Eye Chakra – Ajna
Food: Dark bluish colored fruits, such as raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, grape juice, red wine.
Effects of a malfunctioning Sixth Chakra:
- States of mental confusion.
- Psychological disorders related to vision.
- Vision problems
- Headaches related to vision.
Chakra Balancing Exercises to activate or open the Sixth Chakra:
- Massaging eyes and eyebrows using your fingertips. Keep your eyes closed.
- Circularly massaging the temples and around the eyes.
- Visualize simple geometric shapes.
- Meditate with the Antahkarana symbol.
- Perform guided meditations.
7. Seventh Chakra: How to Open your Crown Chakra – Sahasrara:
Color: White and gold.
Food: None. The Crown Chakra is related to fasting. It can be activated by using incense or herbs.
Effects of having a blocked Seventh Chakra:
- Having a know-it-all attitude and always wanting to be right.
- Dominating and manipulating others to adopt your position or do what you want.
- An Attitude of arrogance.
- Difficulty to think independently, always seeking the support of others to get things done.
- Blind faith in established dogmas, such as social, religious or family patterns.
- Stiff belief systems.
- Narrowness: “Seeing is believing. If I can’t see it, I don’t believe it exists.”
- Difficulty to concentrate and mental dispersion.
- Values oriented towards materialism. Contempt for spiritual aspects of life.
- Expansion of the Ego.
Chakra Balancing Exercises to activate or open the Crown Chakra:
- Any type of meditation and prayer.
- Lying on your back, raise your legs and back, elbows resting while holding the waist.
- Sitting up straight, focus your attention on the “mental emptiness” or a “blank mind” for at least 20 minutes, preferably using a mantra.
This concludes our article on chakra balancing exercises. Make sure to test your Chakra System, and keep reading this blog to learn more about your chakras.